I have a treadmill (Nordictrack C990) less than 14 months old and when I went to use it, it wouldn’t power on.
I performed all the “troubleshooting” steps available on the Nordictrack website and still cannot power it on or point to an obvious cause so I can order the parts.
What I can say so far:
- Turning the power switch from off to on(reset), nothing appears to happen. If left on for a while and turned off the speakers in the console make a small pop sound.
- The android based tablet/display/controls do not start up.
- None of the console controls such as speed, incline, or fan do anything.
- The LED on the control board lights up with no signs of a code. None of the other components in the base seem to be activated, but they could just be waiting for a signal.
- The wiring harness leading to the console is intact with no damage or pinching. There is voltage flowing to the console connector.
- Inspecting the inside the console reveals that there is power being supplied to the display area, as a green/yellow LED can be seen through the backside of the venting for the display.
- There is a small circuit board In the top corner that has a red LED blinking in a repeatable pattern of four blinks then a pause. Nordictrack customer service is unwilling to assist in telling me what this is.
I have my own thoughts, but would like to hear from others what might be needed to be serviced.