NordicTrack Commercial 2950 issue

Hello,
Our NordicTrack Commercial 2950 treadmill (model# NTL19119.0) is acting up. The belt will start up and work as it should, but then the speed will decrease/drop, often times coming to a complete stop, then start back up to the set speed, then shut down for a random amount out time, then start back up again. The issues have been somewhat random...the previous week we had the issues noted above, so I lubed the belt - then we both ran 4 mile runs on it over the weekend with no issues - then on Monday my wife got 1.5 miles into a run and the issues reoccurred. At this point we've deemed it unsafe to run on due to the immediate decrease in speed while running.

I took the motor cover off and the issues are reoccurring with no one on the belt. I watched the red LED light and I see a 'one blink' light which NordicTrack says the unit is going into 'fold-back mode'. However, the belt will stop, or slow down to about 1MPH, then start back up again to the set speed and then red LED light goes to a steady blinking when the belt starts back up to the set speed.

A bit of info on the machine: We got in 2016 or maybe 2017. We've had the deck replaced three (3) times after they cracked (covered by NordicTrack). No other issues with it. We have just under 800 miles on the machine - we use it mostly in the summer months due to heat and our 3 kids schedules (we live in Texas) - when we do use it we work it pretty hard. The belt has never been replaced, but it shows no discoloration or major wear, I've kept it lubricated. The belt moves easily when off so I don't think the motor is seized.

Based on other folks issues I am trying to decide if I've got a controller board issue, or a belt issue, or both...or something else??? Any help would be most appreciated!

Comments

• Really sounds like a controller issue, below is a link to correct controller, https://www.treadmilldoctor.com/nordictrack-commercial-2950-ntl191190-treadmill-motor-controller-391855 Once you've added items to your Cart, and you are ready to Check out and you put all your shipping info in. Use this code 1982 at checkout for a discount on your order.
  • Hello,
    I did replace the controller. We got about four runs (roughly 16 miles) without any issue, but now the same issue is happening again. Everything works fine the first 8 minutes or so and then the belt stops, then starts back up. The red LED light does a rapid blink (I think) then goes back to a steady blink when the belt starts back up. I went through and checked all the connections on the upright wire harness and all of the connection points on the controller board. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!
  • Sounds like it maybe a friction issue and I would think about replacing the belt or just try to lube it again and then lube soak into belt over night. If that does not help then replacing the running belt would be next.
    https://www.treadmilldoctor.com/nordictrack-commercial-2950-ntl191190-treadmill-walking-belt-404852

Once you've added items to your Cart, and you are ready to Check out and you put all your shipping info in. Use this code 1982 at checkout for a discount on your order