Treadmill still stops despite installing a new motor

Hi everybody,

I just installed a brand new motor and my treadmill still stops when I step on it. I've tried everything from tightening, to loosening the belt. I added lubricant too. I'm at wits end with this treadmill. I own a Freemotion 890 SRS Interactive treadmill. Anybody have any suggestions?

Sincerely, Frank

Comments

• Hello and sorry to hear this!

1st Few things to look at when you’re running belt stops.
    When the running belt stops does the Drive Motor also stop?
    If yes then it could be a weak Drive Motor or bad Motor Controller.

2nd When the running belt stops does the Drive Motor continue to run and also does the drive belt continue to run?
    If the Drive motor still runs and Drive Belt does not then you will need to tighten down the Drive Belt or replace the Drive Belt.

3rd When the running belt stops and Drive Motor & Drive Belt continues to spin does the entire front roller rotate?

If the entire front roller continues to spin then you will need to adjusted running belt.
    If just the pulley on the front roller continues to spin, then you will need to replace the entire front roller.

This should help you trouble shoot exactly what is wrong with your treadmill
  • Thank you! I am going to go through it step by step and report back.
  • So, it was an easy fix. My treadmill is a fold up one, so over the years the lubricant got into the motor belt. I simply took off the motor belt and degreased it and cleaned the motor and roller contacts. The treadmill works fine now; no slippage.
  • Enjoy your treadmill
  • How did you clean this? I have the same issue! Can you recommend a prouct to clean the lubricant off the drive belt and rollers?
  • simple green