Horizon 5.4 Lube Belt

I have a Horizon CT 5.4 treadmill that I used occasionally and it was working fine. The only odd thing about it was that everytime I turned it finished a workout or turned it on it displayed a "lube Belt" message but hitting any key made it disappear. I also lubricated the deck quite frequently. I recently turned it back on again after some 1 year of inactivity but this time the lube belt message did not go away. I lubricated the deck, dusted it off, reconnected wires, tried all the key combinations ( speed + & STOP for 10 secs, elev + & speed - for 10 secs) but nothing is registering on the computer. No new menu opens, its just that message stuck there. Been doing this for two days. Do i need a new controller or control panel? I dont know any technical stuff and purchasing these components is expensive, so I want to exhaust all other options first. Please don’t tell me to hold the stop button down for 5 seconds as it doesn’t work. Is there a lube belt sensor.

Thanks

Comments

• good morning!

if you let unit by itself with no one on it, If it runs fine and does not shut off then you know that the running belt would need to be replaced

also if you have a voltmeter and can test the red wire & the black wire you should have anywhere from 8vdc to 12vdc on those two wires.

If you have that voltage then the console is bad.
    If you do not have the voltage then the motor controller is bad

• Thanks I’ll try that. Do you know if there’s a lube belt sensor that could be faulty
  • yours does not have a lube sensor

if you have never changed your belt I am going to go out on a limb and say it is time for a belt change...