Proform 705

I’ve had a Proform 705 folding treadmill for about 3 years now which has been used pretty regularly and is kept in my basement. The other day I went to use it and it is not responding when any of the button on the console are pressed. Whenever any button is pressed it makes a noise of 3 quick beeps and nothing happens regardless of which button is pressed. The incline won’t go up or down, the speed won’t turn the belt on it’s always just 3 quick beeps. A service person said it may be an issue with my safety key as it has become a bit rusted as I’ve never cleaned it. When I do remove the safety key the screen turns off, when the key is put back in the screen turns back on and the screen seems to go through a re booting phase that eventually ends up back at the same screen I was at, and no buttons seem to make a different during the re booting as it just gives the 3 quick beeps when I press it.

Anyone had this happen before? Any possible solutions? Also I haven’t checked the motor or any of the electrical as I have no idea what I’m doing when it comes to that so I thought I’d start here.

Comments

• GM!

If you have your complete model number we can look and find you a replacement key - those should never be rusty.

The model number its located on a sticker down on the frame close to the floor when you fold unit up. Also you can look under the hood cover and there is a piece of paper inside a envelope that has the model number on the paper.

This would be the easiest and lest expensive to check since you are not familiar with electrical wiring - we have tests for that if you have anyone who can check for you!

Once you replace your safety key you can recalibrate your incline - that is a not so hard test that can be easily accomplished!

https://www.treadmilldoctor.com/incline-calibration-instructions