Tunturi T80, high friction between deck/belt * HELP *

Hi,

I have a Tunturi T80, where you put silicone in the containers in the rear of the treadmill to lube the belt. But it havent been used in a while so I toped up the containers and put some silicone under the belt and on the board itself. But the speed flactuates a little bit when running on it for 1 min and the belt gets very hot. Can you put too much silicone on the belt so it "sucks" onto the board? I have loosend/tensioned it properly. Please please help me.

The board and the belt is in very good condition.

Comments

• If you have confirmed the belt and/or deck is not worn and the belts aren't too tight, you can test for a motor torque problem.

Typically when we find a motor that has lost torque; it needs a new set of motor brushes. Motor demagnetization is not that common but it does happen and it is normally easy to diagnose.

DO NOT USE YOUR HAND OR ANY OTHER BODY PART TO IMPEDE THE MOTOR? YOU WILL LIKELY LOSE YOUR BODY PART IN THE PROCESS IF THE MOTOR IS GOOD.

The step to test for the motor is to use a foreign object preferably on a long shaft. First, determine the direction of the motor spin (most have directional movement printed on the motor tag), then apply pressure with an object with downward pressure on the flywheel in the direction the flywheel is turning (do not attempt to put force against the rotating direction of the flywheel as you can easily injure yourself). If you can slow the motor, typically you need brush replacement.

To test for demagnetization, the motor must be disassembled. Once you have the motor retaining bolts removed, remove the motor core by sliding it out of the end of the housing. If the magnets pull the core against the housing and it is difficult to remove, the magnets are good. If the magnets do not attract the core, the motor has to be replaced.

To test for high resistance on DC motors, you must use a multi-meter for accurate testing. Put a test lead in the positive lead (usually red) and the other in the negative lead (usually black) and then set the meter to the ohms scale. Readings that are normal are between 1 and 2. Some small motors will have higher readings and larger motors have lower readings. Readings above the normal range indicate you have high resistance in the motor and we have seen them incredibly high. Since the copper flexes every time it energizes, the ability of the windings to conduct electricity is reduced over time. Large motors typically are more cost-efficient to have rewound. Smaller motors are typically cheaper to replace.

Hope this helps!