LifeFitness 9500HR Treadmill - Won't Turn On

Hello.

Went to turn on our treadmill recently and didn't get any response once flipping the power toggle switch. Didn't see anything on the LCD, etc. We did, however, smell a distinctive plastic burning smell. Turned it off, back on again...nothing.

Knew something had gone south so unplugged it.

Clearly this is an old treadmill, but hoping someone might have some insight/thoughts on what might be the issue and help me decide where I might be able to get the necessary part/board to fix.

I'm not shy about tearing stuff down, soldering boards, etc, but would prefer not to go into this too blind. :)

Thanks in advance for the help!
Mike

Comments

• If you have the serial number I will be able to help you out a little more, but by the sounds of it, you may be looking at a lower electronics assembly.
  • If you have the serial number I will be able to help you out a little more, but by the sounds of it, you may be looking at a lower electronics assembly.
    Hi, appreciate your reply. It's Serial Number is: HTL 354407

Thanks!
  • If its the lower board you would have to send that into life fitness for repair. Those parts are NLA to purchase.
  • Any reference as to what that typically would cost? Any ideas on isolating the issue to know for sure that is THE problem? (I know, nearly impossible to do online i guess...)
  • I wouldn't know the cost , that's something you would have to ask life fitness.
  • Understood, appreciate your insight.
    Thanks.
  • I started to dive into troubleshooting this a bit more. I still get nothing on the display when I give it power, but there's a board that flashes #3104 that's obviously getting power but then nothing further happens. Do you have any idea what that error might mean?

Thanks!
  • You would really need to contact life fitness direct on those error codes.