NordicTrack Commercial 1750

My Smooth treadmill that you recommended back in 2007 finally died, very happy with that investment and your advice. So, now I'm looking at buying a new NordicTrack 1750, but I have a couple of questions:

1. The 2016 Commercial 1750 is only $122 less than the updated 2017 model. Your review says the 2017 has updates that "help reliability and performance", but no real specifics. Can you be more specific? I don't really care about the touch screen ifit gizmos, I just want a good, reliable treadmill that will last me at least 5 years (20-30 miles per week).

2. NordicTrack offers extended warranties when you start to check out. What's your opinion on these? I feel like the one year for $109 is a waste. The other only goes up to 3 years, but is it really needed/worth it? Would love to know what you think.

3. How much assembly is required. I'm pretty handy with tools, but I have a nightmare scenario where this thing shows up completely disassembled in a million parts. Is it just some minimal assembly required?

Comments

• I would stick with the 2016 model for the money, but i would purchase the extended warranty 3 years or 4 years if they have it. Yes The extended warranty is worth it. Assembly is very easy and straight forward.