NordicTrack rollers - how to replace the bearings?

The axles on these NordicTrack rollers I cannot budge. I'm doing a bunch of other work on the treadmill (new walking belt, drive belt, motor brushes) and want to change the roller bearings. The bearings seem ok, but while I'm under the hood...

I've seen videos on Tube where a simple tap on the axle pops it through but this won't budge. There might be some kind of plastic gasket on the end of the roller, but can't see how that would impede the axle from sliding through the bearings. It's almost like the axle is attached to the inner bearing core with thread lock, and same goes for the outer edge of the bearing to the roller itself.

Ideas? I don't want to damage things like bend the axle in attempting to fix something that isn't really broken. Just figure do the bearings now and avoid future motor damage from seizing bearings.
ork on the treadmill (new walking belt, drive belt, motor brushes) and want to change the roller bearings. The bearings seem ok, but while I'm under the hood...

Comments

• You will need to replace the entire rollers , bearing will not come out without damaging rollers.
  • Thank you. Not what I wanted to hear, but thank you. Sigh, so many products get designed for non-reparability. Part of me wants to drill out the bearings piece by piece just to understand just how the NT rollers are put together. Maybe when I get my hands on a free treadmill or something.
  • I was able to replace the bearings on both rollers. A few taps with conviction on the axle ends and the axles popped out. I've since concluded the axles are very strong and the risk of bending them (they only have 1" exposted) was minimal. There are some nylon housings holding the bearings but those do not get destroyed in the process at all (or they didn't for me). From there it was straightforward bearing replacement. I've never replaced bearings before but Google and YouTube coached me.