ProForm 380 E Treadmill

Someone gave me this treadmill that's been sitting in their garage for 2 years. I pulled the cover off and found what appeared to be a rat's nest laying right on top of the controller. Cleaned that up and mended a couple of wires that had been chewed. Now I'm trying to troubleshoot problems with the incline motor. It's getting power, but when I engage it, it tries to turn, buzzes and then quits. Any ideas on what could be causing this? Thanks.

Comments

• Hello. When a treadmill sits for a long time, it is always good to give it a tune up, cleaning is part of that, however that walk belt had lubrication on the underside initially, and this tends to dry after sitting for a period like 2 years. I would recommend lubricating with our World-Famous Lube kit at bare minimum. As far as the incline that tries to operate, and buzzes, this is probably due to the incline screw being stuck, and you might want to see if the screw to the incline has grease on it. This may need to be freed from being stuck, sometime however this can be a jammed part and it attempts to free the incline screw and then calibrate the incline fail that you may need a new incline motor, if you do please check back with your full model number it will be on a sticker on the frame usually near the on/off switch and power cord area. If the motor controller was under a rat's nest that part may also be jeopardized, this part controls the speed and incline functions, and please wear your safety key when you get this treadmill up and running. I will add links to the incline calibrations and lubrication for your treadmill walking belt. Let us know how it goes and thank you!!! Use this discount code if you decide to get the lube: CODE: MY5 LINK TO INCLINE CAL: https://www.treadmilldoctor.com/incline-calibration-instructions WALK BELT LUBE LINK: https://www.treadmilldoctor.com/world-famous-lube-buy-one-get-one-free
  • Thanks for responding. I spent two hours cleaning and vacuuming this thing top to bottom. Lubed the belt with silicone lubricant. I replaced the incline motor and actuator but the problem persists. Followed the recalibration instructions but no results. Will try relacing the controller next but might call a tech first.
  • You are welcome! You are doing great diagnosing! I would most likely agree with you on that mc board, however to be able to verify this you would need an amp meter, set it to 120V AC, and test the white and red wire and have hopefully some help to push the up incline button and you should get 120 volt reading on your meter and then test the white and black wire and have someone push the down incline button on the console, you should get 120 volts, if not that motor controller will need to be replaced. We can provide instructions to calibrate the controller once you provide the full model number, you can locate that down on the frame near the on/off switch by the power cord. Should start with PFTL plus numbers or 831. plus numbers - Let us know how it goes - Thank you!