Pro-Form CST505

Hi all,

I have a Pro-From CST505 that is causing me some headaches.

At random intervals, but usually within the first mile, the running belt will stop moving, the drive belt will stop moving, however the motor keeping running and the console stays powered (and continues counting up the distance traveled). If I step off the running belt it will start moving again after 10-20 seconds. If I get on the running belt again the issue will repeat.

When this first happened I tried loosening the running belt, and it was recommended elsewhere that I use silicone lubricant between the belt and the deck.

Could this be a motor issue, a drive belt issue, or something else?

Comments

• I would lubricate the walking belt and then tighten the walking belt a little. The drive belt might need to be replaced too. do you have the specific model number?
  • Thanks for following up Kevin.

The specific model number listed in the manual is PFTL59420.0

For the belt, what would be the best gauge for how tight it should be? When I last tested it I could lift the belt two inches off the deck.
  • you should be able to lift the belt between 2-3 inches along the edges half way between the front and rear roller.

Here is a link for the drive belt; https://www.treadmilldoctor.com/Proform-CARBON-TL-Treadmill-Drive-Belt-399309
    and
    here is a link for the Walking belt; https://www.treadmilldoctor.com/Proform-CARBON-TL-Treadmill-Walking-Belt-392489
    Here is a code you can use on the checkout page for a 5% discount. (5offkevin)
  • I played with it a little more tonight, after I lubed the drive belt. If I back off the tension in the rollers to where I can raise it 3 inches I can get it to turn the belt without too much issue, however, I have to almost death grip the sides as the walking belt keeps slipping.
    If I tighten it so I can walk normally with little slippage the motor stops until I get back off it again (from where the shadow falls on the motor with the cover open I'm thinking that I was mistaken earlier and the motor was stopping too).
  • If you're lubricating the drive belt, that is where your problem lies. the drive belt does not get lubrication.