NordicTrack X22i slows, restarts, eventually stops

A few months ago, my X22i started slowing during routines, then would pick up again as normal if I stepped off briefly. After a few such occurrences, it started doing this more and more, to the point where it stops completely after a few slowdowns. It won't start again until the machine is unplugged and restarted. It does this both with and without a load on the belt, but more frequently and severely with someone on it.

A typical scenario, after a clean bootup, is a slowdown after about 20-30 seconds, another about a minute in, a third 40 seconds later, and a final slowdown and stop 20 seconds later. Each time, the machine seems to "struggle" more in getting started. This pattern varies, sometimes taking 5 minutes before final stoppage, sometimes less. It happens during warmup, during a manual routine, and during an iFit routine.

In case there's a connection, the fan doesn't seem to work anymore either. Aside from this, the LCD display seems to function perfectly. It has been factory reset and updated to the latest software The machine is on an electrical circuit by itself. . Changing to a different circuit did not change anything. The machine is under 3 years old and has been lightly used for incline walking, no more than 4mph. The belt is properly tightened and aligned and has been freshly lubricated with NordicTrack's lubricant, although it was quite tight initially when problems started occurring.

A first technician just turned the machine over, opened it up, told me I needed a new controller board, and left. I replaced the board (with a newer model), and the same thing happened after one full routine. A second technician did a much more thorough investigation, checked the reed switch, the current draw from the motor,the brushes, all connections, etc. The one thing he noticed is a pattern of blinking lights on the board that he can't find a code for: 10 flashes.

Our next step is to send the controller board out for repair. Any other recommendations? Could it be the motor?

Thanks!
Dan

Comments