Nordictrack Elite 2900 - starts then stops / display issues

Hello,

I have a Nordictrack Elite 2900 that I got used and has been sitting in storage for about a year. We finally brought it into the house but we are having a few problems with it.

When you turn on the power, the display backlight lights up, but there is no text on the display. The buttons work fine but no matter what you do, there is nothing displayed on the screen.

Also, whenever you press start to start using the treadmill, the belt will go fast for about a second and then immediately cut out. I have tried adjusting the reed switch, making sure all the connections on the control board were tight, cleaned the connection between the upper console and lower control board, but none of it made any difference.

Any idea what to try next? I am open to purchasing and replacing parts, but I don't want to do that until I can pinpoint the problem.

Thanks

Comments

• Sounds like you have a bad Motor controller, also sounds like you have a bad upper console.
  • Sounds like you have a bad Motor controller, also sounds like you have a bad upper console.
    Ok. Any other troubleshooting you can recommend to confirm these parts are the issue? I do not want to buy parts until I can be sure that those parts are causing the issue. Thanks
  • Not really, sounds like you have 2 issues with your treadmill.