Lubed belt a few months ago belt has been stalling since

Hi,

I lubed my treadmill belt about 6 months ago and the belt has been sticking with each step ever since. I'm 100% sure the belt had never been lubed before that point and whatever lube was on there was just the lube that was left over from the factory. I used a silicon based lubricant which from the impression I'm getting from the treadmill community, was a bad idea. I followed some YouTube videos and tightened and centered the belt. It still stalls and I can stop it by putting a foot down on the deck.

Did I ruin the belt?

Here is a link to the lube I used.
https://www.amazon.com/Lube-N-Walk-TL54-Treadmill-Lubrication-Kit/dp/B000VZLCWY/

Comments

• When belt stops, does motor & drive belt and front roller still spin?
  • MY RUNNING BELT STOPS WHEN I STEP ON IT
    Here are a few things you can look into to see why your running belt is stopping when you walk on treadmill.
    • Let’s remove the hood cover on your treadmill.
    • Now run the treadmill at 2.5mph with no one on it and see how it runs.
    • Now go ahead and step onto the belt and see what happens.
    1st Few things to look at when you’re running belt stops.
    A) When the running belt stops does the Drive Motor also stop?
    B) If yes then it could be a weak Drive Motor or bad Motor Controller.
    2nd When the running belt stops does the Drive Motor continue to run and also does the drive belt continue to run?
    A) If the Drive motor still runs and Drive Belt does not then you will need to tighten down the Drive Belt or replace the Drive Belt.
    3rd When the running belt stops and Drive Motor & Drive Belt continues to spin does the entire front roller rotate?
    A) If the entire front roller continues to spin then you will need to adjusted running belt.
    B) If just the pulley on the front roller continues to spin, then you will need to replace the entire front roller.
    This should help you trouble shoot exactly what is wrong with your treadmill, and remember to lube your Running Belt & Deck every 6 months.
    https://www.treadmilldoctor.com/walking-belt-lube-instructions

• edited October 2020
    Ok.. Finally had time to pull the front cover off and test it. The pully completely stops the only thing that keeps rolling is the big wheel on the side of the motor.
  • Did the pulley stop the drive belt?
  • Yes the belt and the roller stopped. The motor kept spinning.
  • Would it be possible to provide pictures of both the belt and deck underneath the belt?

I would dislike intensely having to tell you to replace both but for sure we are looking at replacing the belt...
  • I hope these are what you're looking for. The second shot is as far as I could get the camera under the belt.

https://imgur.com/a/sdbdp1D
  • Based on these pictures it looks like you just need to replace your walking belt! If you have a model and serial number we will get you a link to the correct size!
  • Just to be sure, you're sure it's the belt? I just want to be sure before I drop $150 on a new belt. Did I do something that damaged the belt? It doesn't seem like it lasted very long.

It's a Nordictrack C900 Pro.
  • Belt last normally about 5 to 6 years.