Nordictrack T5.7 miles versus kilometers

Just got a used Nordictrack T5.7. In the information mode I switched from English (Imperial) to Metric. When I start the treadmill everything looks good. When I press the quick speed set buttons (ie. 1,2,3,4,5,...) it looks like the speed is correct in km/h. For example I press 3 on the console and the treadmill speeds up to 4.8. So that looks good.

When my wife finishes her workout is done it looks like the total distance covered is in miles though. She'll jog at an 8km/h pace for an hour and when her workout is done after an hour or so the distance covered is more like 5.x. I'd expect it to be about 7+km. She does walk for 30 seconds or so after each km so maybe that's the difference? I don't think it would make sense that while you're working out the speed is in metric but the total distance would be in miles.

I'm going to try it today and see if that math/distance works out for me based on my pace.

Richard

Comments

• THE INFORMATION MODE The console features an information mode that keeps track of treadmill information and allows you to personalize console settings. To select the information mode, hold down the Stop button while inserting the key into the console and then release the Stop button. When the information mode is selected, the following information will be shown: The time display will show the total number of hours the treadmill has been used. The distance display will show the total number of miles (or kilometers) that the walking belt has moved. The lower section of the display will show the status of an iFit Live module. If an iFit Live module is connected, the display will show the words WIFI MODULE. If a USB module is connected, the display will show the words USB/SD MODULE. If no module is connected, the display will show the words NO IFIT MODULE. While the information mode is selected, the matrix will display several optional screens. Press the decrease button next to the Enter button to select each of the following screens: 1. UNITS: To change the unit of measurement, press the Enter button. To view distance in miles, select ENGLISH. To view distance in kilometers, select METRIC.