NordicTrack 2950 now shuts off after 2 min- help!

Hello,
I have a NordicTrack 2950 and love it. This winter, the walking deck broke and I replaced it with OEM parts. I put proper lube on deck. After replacing the deck, the machine suddenly stops after about 2 to 5 mins of use. The blinking light on the control panel when solid and the motor chugs to a stop. I tried replacing the control board and the motor and I have the same problem. I live in the woods of Northern Michigan so I don't have a repair facility anywhere near me. Anyone have any suggestions? I don't know if my belt is bad, but it appears to be in good shape. The belt seems to have proper tension also. Please help!

Comments

• If you were to start the machine and let it run with no-one on it will it shut down then too?
  • No. With no load, the machine will run without shutting down.
  • That indicates that the walking belt or deck is worn
  • can you get me the specific model number?
  • NordicTrack Commercial 2960 Treadmill

Model No. NTL19221.0

Serial No. PP800C0004853

I just replaced the walking deck after it cracked in half and that is when the problem started. I did use the machine daily for about 10 days with the cracked deck. You think I destroyed the belt?

Thanks!
  • it's possible, especially if it's the original belt.
  • It was the belt! I purchased and installed a replacement belt and now the machine works like new.