Nordictrack T14.0 start and trips breaker or blown fuse or restart

Hi All,
My Nordictrack T14.0 (version 1) has served me for more than 2.5 years without any single problem - until we move to our new remote location somewhere in west Africa. It took 5 month to receive it (seafreight) last week.
Need your help to fix it DIY. Not possible to get the technician to come here.
Here is the story:
1, Initially the TM worked well for approx 15 minutes; then the walking belt (I didnt realize) move to the right and the TM stopped, re-start, loading the menu on the console and ready.
2. Tried to start again manually but the TM immediately stop and trips the breaker or blown the 13A fuse in the power cord every time I start (manual start). Seem the motor withdraw very high current. Practically the belt does not move or move very little (mm).
3. I have aligned the belt, lubricate and reduce the tension of the belt but no success. Same happened.
4. The incline function is working well. No problem to up and down to maximum (12 deg.)
5. No problem on the console functions. I can update the firmware, youtube, google or downloading track or other Ifit functions as long as no start. However, every time i start, the TM immediately stop and trip the breaker or blown the fuse.
6. Physically the TM is in good condition. Well maintain, 6 monthly service by dealer's technician at my previous location.

Note, I have contacted Nordictrack / ICON / Ifit customer support in US and Canada - unfortunately they responded that they do not have access to any of the resources to be able to assist since outside their area.
I've checked the Faqs on their website - I cant find the similar problem.

TIA

Comments

• Hey! Sorry to hear your issues!

doe the belt move when you start it without anyone on it?
  • thanks @admin-it
    there's very small movement in fraction of second before immediately stop and trip the breaker. Seem like the belt stuck. However, I can easily move the belt by rotating the motor pully.

I'm thinking to remove the motor's belt and check whether will still trip the breaker, but seem not easy to do it. Do you think it's worth the effort?
  • yes it is worth it - did you check the power source or outlet?
  • Thanks again @admin-it
    I removed the motor drive belt.
    Similar as before, once i initiate start, then immediately blew the 13A fuse in power cord. I notice the motor pulley rotates freely for few seconds.
    I do check the power source. It's equipped with 20A breaker and 13A fuse in the power cord. I can run vacuum cleaner, lawn mower and other appliance without any problem.

The motor is 3HP, 130 VDC, 2238 watt; connected with 4 cables (1 black, 1 red and 2 blue) to the controller. I do not smell anything burn on the controller. All looks good visually.
  • Sounds like you may have a bad controller( Do you have the complete model number its located on a sticker down on the frame close to the floor when you fold unit up. Also you can look under the hood cover and there is a piece of paper inside a envelope that has the model number on the paper.
  • @jimbo97
    Thanks for advices. The complete mdl number is NETL14917.0 as shown on the sticker as well as on the printed copy of user manuals.
    I have contacted the Nordictract / ICON customer services including the one printed on the front cover of the user manual - but all of them are useless.

Anyway, I did another check, by detaching the DC supply power to the motor (red and black cable), no blown fuse.
    Seem the controller is okay.
  • Your not plugged into a GFCI or a AFCI?
  • the electrical panel use ABB DS271 AC C32 breaker. I dont think it is a GFCI or AFCI.
    the power cord has 13A fuse.
  • Could be short in the motor itself.
  • Hi Again, I checked the resistance on the motor is around 1 ohm. When I rotate the pulley, the resistance increase up to more than 100 ohm.
    is this an indication of short motor?
    how to check if the controller is working well?
  • Desired Results: The motor should read approximately 1.0-1.5 ohms. any more then that is a bad motor.
  • Many thanks
    So, the motor is not bad?
    then controller is also okay - at least does not blow the fuse if not connected to the motor.
    Any idea what else should I do to check troubleshoot ?
  • sounds like the lower board is the issue, it has a short in it when connected to drive motor.