Trying for months

I have been trying for months to get my X9i treadmill belt to work. First I was told that I needed a new controller. Bought the controller an the problem remained. Tested the motor, and it is fine. A technician came to my house and told me the console was bad. He told me it was not worth to buy a new one. I sent the console to a repair company in Florida along with the controller , and they told me later they didn't have the parts to repair it, and for my surprise, they told me that the controller that I sent to them was burnout. The nightmare continue. I went ahead and purchase a used console on eBay, and another used controller. Connected the console and the controller, and again the console works fine counter, speed, incline etc. But the belt doesn't move. I don't know what to do. Please help.

Comments

• sounds like you might have a problem with your belt! when is the last time you did maintenance/lube or change your belt?
  • To be honest, I never had. What I can do? Should I loose the belt to see? How do I lube it?

Thank you
  • here are 2 on lube - belt friction will cause major electrical outages!

Lube

• Thank you!
  • Is your unit working?
  • I am sorry for answering so late. I lubed the belt desk. I started the tread mill and I heard a clicking sound, but no motor movement. I starter it again , and this time the breaker tripped. Turn it again, and the breaker did not trip , but motor still doesn't move. When to square one again. Console and incline motor works fine, and that's it. I am exhausted. Probably the damn controller burned again. Wonder what the heck it could be, the motor? The wires right to the controller? am I doing something wrong? I don't know. : (
  • hey we are not done yet! no giving up!

make sure there is no crimping in the wires first... also unplug and clean the ends

It could be that the lower board is not sending voltage to the console and the only way to know this is if you have a voltmeter and can test the red wire & the black wire.

You should have anywhere from 8vdc to 12vdc on those two wires.

It could just be the wiring harness...
  • I would test your drive motor to see if its good.-https://www.treadmilldoctor.com/motor-testing
  • Thank you. Tested the motor and its good. Will try the voltages. Would you please send me an email to jacastro7@aol.com so I can send you a picture of the controller connections to see if they are alright. Thank you again.
  • Already saw the pics, everything is wired correcty.
  • Ok, great. I am about to test voltage to the motor. Can I tested without the console in place?
  • I tested the out voltage to motor, but it's fluctuating. Don't know the reason. Could the motor be at fault, even if it works when tested with a battery? Could the motor cause a short circuit? If the controller is fried again, what could possibly causing that? Sorry for all these questions. I am frustrated because the controller was recently repaired. Also, the wire harness is relatively new ( I had to buy a new one because it was broken in my last moving) but,I am going to take out to see if it's OK.
  • Really sounds like a motor controller
  • Then, something keeps burning the controller. I have no clue. Anyways, thank you.
  • Wire harness is fine.
  • Could also be a worn walking belt that could cause a motor controller to go bad
  • Thankyou so much admin-it for sending the videos.
  • Discount Code - COPY AND PASTE this code, 1982 in the discount code box for a 5% discount off your order,