Proform 780CS New Motor Controller Did Not Fix Problem

I have a Profrom 780CS treadmill that started making beeping noises about a month ago when I was walking on it. When it made these beeping noises, the buttons on the console would not work. Eventually the beeping would stop and you could then increase or decrease the speed and incline again as normal. When I called the company support staff at Proform they told me that the motor control board was going out and that I would need to replace it, but they didn't have any in stock and did not know if they would get any replacements any time soon. They suggested that I check with you guys at Treadmill Doctor for the needed part.

I ordered a replacement motor controller (item # 49959, PFTL979080: Proform 780CS Motor Control Board: 248022) on November 11, 2016. I installed the board and calibrated it and it worked without any problems for one day. Then the treadmill started doing the same thing that it did with the old controller board. It will beep sometimes when you are walking on it, when it does you cannot increase or decrease the incline or speed, or even hit the stop button on the console. The last two days I have had to physically unplug the treadmill from the wall as it will not turn on unless you unplug and replug it into the wall socket.

It is discouraging to have spent $196.00 on a new motor control board and have it not fix the original problem. If you guys have any ideas as to what could be causing these issues, I would really appreciate your input. I do not know if the new motor controller is bad or not, but I have kind of exhausted all other avenues. Thanks in advance.

Todd

Comments

• Sounds like it may be a issue in the console, you may want to check connections inside your upper console and then try unit again.