Proform Power 995i Handrail Buttons Not Working

I just bought a treadmill that I assume is five years old but is in seemingly great condition. I have run into a few issues so far (unable to set up wifi/iFit, and unable to access a settings menu if there is one) but the biggest concern I have at the moment is that the handrail buttons beside the pulse sensors and safety key do not work (the buttons that say Start, Stop, and to increase or decrease incline and speed). Could this be a wiring issue or any ideas on what might be causing this?

I am of course able to use the treadmill without these as I have Quick Incline and Speed buttons, but I would love to be able to use these other buttons in order to quickly stop if needed without turning the machine off, and also they are within easier reach when constantly changing incline and speed during a workout.

If there are any suggestions regarding the other issues I'm having, feel free to chime in on those as well. So far it seems I may have to buy a $35 wifi card but I just don't understand why I can't forego that since my manual shows other wifi setup options.

I appreciate any help or suggestions! I am pretty new to all of this.

I was going to share pictures of it, but don't see a way to do that on here.

Model #: PFTL99513.3

Comments

• You can try to unplug ribbon cable from keypad to main circuit board, then clean the ends and plug it back in. If that does not work then you would have to look into purchasing a new console. And they are around $599.99.