troubleshooting a treadmill

i bought a treadmill 2 years ago called CT800 spirit treadmill for home usage .. 3.0 hp AC motor and max user weight is 180 kg

seller advised me to use sillicon spray for lubrication each month

2 years it worked fine no problems with regular walking and running .. but i usually started the machine first and put my leg on the side ways untill speed is like 3 km then i jump in .. today i was doing other exercises like sidewalking so i started the treadmill at its minimal speed 0.8 km and i noticed that on that speed when i jump in or try to side walk with one leg touching the belt the belt stops for a fraction of second then continues moving .. whenever i step heavily with one foot at this speed 0.8 km the belt stops for a fraction of second then continue working .. so i don't know whether this is normal or not ?!!!

that treadmill is supposed to have maximum user weight of about 180 kg and my weight is like 130 kg .. so i tried to look at manual but didn't help me

i noticed this phrase : We use a 1” reversible, dual sided, Phenolic wax deck; this deck is maintenance free (other than monthly cleaning) and can be flipped for extra long life

they also mentioned not to use silicon or wax lubrication ?!!! while seller told me to lubricate it with sillicon spray monthly ?!

i also tried to tighten the belt but with no results at all as this is different than slipping

i always clean under the belt and use sillicon spray monthly as advised by the seller

i also watched your troubleshooting video on youtube and as i step heavily on the belt at 0.8 km with one foot the fly wheels stops the driver belt stops the front roller stops and the walking belt stop too .. all stops for a fraction of second and continue moving afterwards

i tried to mail the treadmill company but no answer till now

so questions :

is this normal or not for the belt to stop for a fraction of second when stepped heavily by one foot at 0.8 km speed ?!

what are the implications of using sillicon for over 2 years with the machine inspite of the manual warning ?!!

do i continue to use sillicon spray ?!! or stop using it ?!

important update : i tried to look at the deck and belt for wear .. inserted my hand after loosening the belt and found alot of black dust along the center of the belt .. i cleaned the deck completely .. and it felt smooth to my hand no grooves or anything .. and the belt looks good from below with equal texture all over .. i tried the treadmill this time with no sillicon spray .. i noticed that some parts do feel smooth on walking on them like the periphery but the center where i always step is rough ?!! i slipped my hand again under the center of the belt where the resistance was felt and i discovered that this part which i just cleaned was like dirty again ?!!!! so i cleaned it again and it is smooth but i don't get it everytime i walk a little these spots seems dirty again like something is frictioning over there .. i am sure this signal something to experts like you

also i noticed a diagonal line beneath the belt where texture is not similar yo the rest of the belt (may be it the point where they seal the belt edges into each other)

Comments

• Sounds like you need to replace the running belt and flip the deck, I highly recommend that you lube deck every 6 months.
  • well i barely made 400 km on the deck .. i don't know what is happening exactly but may be the continous silicone spray lubing harmed the deck or the belt in a certain way

anyway i bought a new silicone spray and now the belt is much smoother

it is like the continous use of silicone spray damaged the wax layer in centeral parts so it needs constant lubrication

but the strange thing that the deck is very smooth to touch and has no scratches or wear .. it looks like a mirror .. also the belt condition looks excellent
  • just lube the deck every 6 months and you should be good to go.