Control board issue with used Nordictrack Apex 4100i

Hi there,
I bought a used Nordictrack Apex 4100i from a somewhat local guy (hour away) who rebuilds them. He said he replaced the control board and the walking belt and it worked like new after that. I ran on it for 3/4 of a mile and the track stopped. The console kept going so I shut it down and gave the guy a call. He tried helping over the phone but we didn't solve the problem. I tested the motor with a battery and it worked. So I ordered a refurbished control board from fitnessrepairparts.com. They said they don't carry factory boards anymore. I put it all back together and it still won't work. Now I hear two clicks in the board but the track doesn't move. I feel that my gamble on this used treadmill is not paying off. Any idea what it could be? Is something "frying" the board right when I plug it in? I chalked up the first board failure to the deck not being lubricated but what could be the problem this second time? Thanks.

Comments

• Sounds like a mcb, we have them they are $199.99 brand new with a 1 year warranty