Bad motor, drive circuit, or treadmill walk belt? Crosswalk 480

Hello! And thank you in advance. I'm trying to diagnose an issue on a treadmill a coworker gave me. I will describe further below.

Proform Crosswalk 480, Model 248245

Initially, it seemed like a simple fix. The drive belt (not the walk belt) was dry, slipping a lot, and had black dust all around. I went ahead and cleaned everything up, and replaced the drive belt. That resolved the issue of the drive belt slipping, but presented a new issue.

Once, I tweaked the tension on the walk belt where the belt would no longer slip on the rollers, trying my hardest to just tension incrementally until the walk belt would no longer slip, I began to test just at a walking speed. For every step on the treadmill, the walk belt sticks to the deck. The drive belt, and the roller are not slipping, the motor itself is having a hard time overcoming the force.

The deck does not look worn out, it seems just as glossy as the parts of the deck not in contact with the belt. I'm unsure of what a bad walk belt would look like, I suspect it might be worn, but admittedly I'm inexperienced in treadmills. The alternative suspicion is if the drive motor or drive circuit could be bad, not providing enough power.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Another note I forgot to include, I do have treadmill lube. And I was fairly generous with it. No change in results.
  • Sounds like a worn out walking belt and also maybe a weak drive motor.
  • Thanks for the reply, I will try to replace the walk belt first, and see if that helps.
  • Make sure you new belt every 6 months.
    .Once you've added items to your Cart, and you are ready to Check out you can put this Discount Code ( 8264 ) in the Discount Box on the Check Page where you put in your Billing and Shipping information at. You will see your Discount Amount Applied on the right side of Page