My Reebok GT40S is making this noise

MusMus
edited May 15 in General Discussion
Hello! I purchased a Reebok GT40S from Facebook Marketplace, got it home and noticed that it was making a buzzing noise whenever any weight is applied to the belt when switched on.

Without any weight on the belt, the noise tends not to happen but occasionally does, albeit briefly.

What could be the problem and possible solution? I have my suspicions about what it might be but would appreciate the opinions of others too.

Here is a video of it in action where you can clearly hear the sound - it starts buzzing the moment the belt begins to move with weight on it: https://streamable.com/13uim0

Thank you!

Comments

• Do you have the complete model number its located on a sticker down on the frame close to the floor when you fold unit up. Also you can look under the hood cover and there is a piece of paper inside a envelope that has the model number on the paper
  • I see a sticker on the frame which contains the serial number and manufacture date, an electricity / power supply warning sticker and then a smaller white sticker with a series of numbers and letters on it. Would it be any of those?

I don't know how to open up the hood - any advice?

Thank you.
  • model number would start out as RBTL