Nordictrack Trips Breaker

Hello! I have a new Nordictrack C2450 that we purchased brand new in January 2019. We've been using it regularly everyday since without issue. Suddenly one day last week I was on it and had just pushed the stop button at the end of my workout and the breaker trips. The treadmill was at this time, plugged into a surge Tripp Lite 1 Outlet Portable Surge Protector that was recommended to me.

When it happened, I shut the unit's power switch off, unplugged everything and then reset my breaker. I waited a few minutes and then plugged the Tripp Lite back in, then the power cord, and then flipped the unit's switch and it happened again. I tried a different outlet on a different circuit via a contractor grade extension cord and experienced the same issue. Puzzled I called Nordictrack.

After being on hold for 45 minutes to speak with someone, the woman said that it sounds like I need a Wall Arc Filter module and that she was also sending me a new power cord and switch as well. She said if none of this works then it is the controller that needs replaced. The only downside, the Arc Filter Modules are on backorder so, not wanting to miss my runs since it is too cold out here just yet to do it outside, I purchased a Tripp Lite Isobar 2 Outlet Surge Protector thinking that this is what the Arc Filter Module was. I installed it and then plugged up the treadmill and flipped the switch, darkness. SO, I am going to return the Tripp Lite Isobar 2 since it didn't help.

Any thoughts on the issue? Our home is brand new, well we built it in 2017 with a builder. I'm really wanting to get back to running but can't quite figure out what is wrong.

Many thanks in advance!

Comments

• Most treadmills will not work on a that type of outlet or circuit, The reason it trips is because the ON/OFF SWITCH OR MOTOR when it TURNS ON it will spark a little which is normal and the Arc Fault outlet you have in you house will trip because its doing its job. You will have to wait for the wall arc filter to arrive.
  • That is what I figured and really appreciate your reply to my situation! Have a great Monday!
  • Everyone is having issues with those new ARC FAULT OUTLETS across the country.
  • You would think that the treadmill manufacturers would either ship the filters with the machines or figure out a way to engineer them with the filter incorporated.
  • You are correct.