Treadmill skeep blowing fuses

I have a Cardiozone Elite HRT that now keeps blowing one of the fuses related to motor power. Runs for a while and then dies with a blown fuse.

What can cause that?

Comments

• Could be worn out walking belt, if you let unit run by itself with on one on it will it still blow the fuse?
  • Hmm. Worn out walking belt? Just replaced the drive belt but not the walking belt. Will let it run and see...
  • Just completed a 60 minute run and no blown fuse. Paused 2-3 times to "rest" the motor for a minute or 2 each time. When done I felt the motor and it was quite hot. Not too hot to touch but very warm. Drawing lots of current. Is this another hint at a worn walking belt? Estimate about 3,000 miles are on the current belt.
  • Yes, I wouldn't use it any more until you replace the walking belt and lube the belt every 6 months. You can always call me at 888 362 1105 ext 331
  • OK. Sounds like I need to order an new walking belt. Thanks for your help.
  • I am trying to prepare my Cardiozone Elite HRT for a new walking belt. I can remove the rollers but cannot remove the deck because I cannot remove the side rails. They do not appear to be screwed or stapled on and I cannot slide them back. They could just be stuck but they feel very secure. I cannot remove the front caps on the rails as they also seem screwed on but cannot find out where. I looked at the hep video on replacing the walking belt but it does not work for the Cardiozone as the deck does not appear to be floating. There are bolt heads n the bottom pf the deck. Maybe I need to remove those first? I could use some instructions specific to the Cardiozone Elite HRT.

Thanks!
  • Sometimes the side rails are held down with two way tape.
  • Got my treadmill repaired and it is working like new.

For anyone with a Cardiozone HRT, I thought I would post some additional comments on how to replace the walking belt based upon my experience. If someone searches the forum and finds this, I hope that it helps save you time in making repairs.

The Treadmill Doctor videos on replacing the walking belt are not too helpful for a Cardiozone HRT. They are correct in that you need to remove the drive and idle rollers first after removing the plastic covers. The drive belt is easy enough to remove from the motor pulley. It takes some patience to remove the bolts holding the front roller tensioner. I found that applying a bit of pressure with a large screwdriver against the roller reduced the friction on the bolt making it easier to turn with the Allen key. The rear roller is a snap to remove.

With the rollers removed you need to detach the whole walking bed assembly. This is where it differs from the video. The video shows the step of removing the side rails before removing a "floating" bed. The Cardiozone HRT has a fixed bed and the rails are not removable as a separate step.

After a detailed examination of the walking bed I could see that the side rails were held on by flanges from the rails perpendicular to them and going under the bed. With the treadmill on its side, I accessed the bottom of the bed and there are 8 bolts holding the bed to the frame. They are 7/16" heads and are easily removed. Once all 8 are out, the whole bed can be removed including the side rails.

With the bed removed I was able to replace the walking belt and then placed the bed back in position. It is a little tricky with the treadmill on its side so I set it back vertically and placed the bed on top of the frame using gravity to keep it in place. It is easy to insert the rear bolts into their positions this way as the bed is not moving. I was able to replace 6 bolts this way. For the front ones, which are harder to insert, I placed the treadmill on its side again. With the other 6 bolts in place (but not tightened) the bed held roughly in its position. Then I was able to easily insert the front 2 bolts.

With all 8 bolts back in place I stood the treadmill upright again and tightened it all down. It is easiest to insert the drive roller first and insert the tensioner screws. Then insert the back roller. After both rollers are in position, set the tension on the drive roller after placing the drive belt back onto the motor drive. Finally adjust the rear tensioner and you are done. Oh yeah, replace those plastic covers too.

Hope this helped.