nordic trac c2200 incline ramps up and stalls

Turned on my thread mill on one of the programs and the incline ran up to full incline to the end of its stroke and jammed itself to the extent of the gear drive then motor started humming. I took it apart, manually turned the gear drive down and once energized it did the same thing. Seems like a sensor or circuit board problem, no matter what I try the incline goes to max & stalls motor. It doesn't matter if i'm on a program or manual control. Any help is really appreciated.
Don

Comments

• Also like to point out, I had a brand new console for my treadmill mentioned above, so installed it but didn't change anything.
    Don
  • Have you tried to calibrate incline motor?
    ICON CALIBRATION INSTRUCTIONS- INCLINE
    The standard calibration procedure to calibrate an Icon treadmill is done by holding down the speed up and stop keys while inserting the safety key or putting the key in place (if magnetic). If your keypad is not responding, please contact our service dept. because your treadmill keypad has failed or the console computer has failed. In these cases, the keypad can be replaced in limited instances or the console has to be replaced.
    STEP 1

Press the Stop and the Speed Up buttons down at the same time, while inserting the safety key. After you hear two beeps, release the Stop and Speed increase buttons.
    STEP 2

Press the Stop key one time. The Time window should read EP:2P. Some newer models may also say FP, Pass, or the like. This means that it passes the EPROM test.
    STEP 3

Press either the incline or decline key only once and the incline should calibrate automatically. Let the treadmill raise and lower until it comes to a complete stop.
    STEP 4

THIS IS A VERY IMPORTANT STEP BECAUSE YOU WILL GET AN ERROR MESSAGE IF THIS STEP IS SKIPPED. After completing calibration of incline, press the Stop key and then remove the safety key.
    STEP 5

Your treadmill should be ready to incline and decline properly now.
  • Thank you, I will try what you recommended. I did attempt to calibrate by instructions in the book (last year) , forgot exactly what I did, but do remember every time I tried anything the incline would ramp up before I could get the keys pressed. I finally disconnected that part of it and have been useing with fixed ramp angle. But I'm hoping for the best and will try again, very possible I missed a step.
    Don
  • To Admin-it,
    It worked!! Did what you suggested , didn't get a code after step #3, but the whole display started toggling from left to right showing all the functions, would clear and start over again so I kept pressing the stop button and finally the display came to rest on normal start-up mode, pulled the magnet and then restarted. I'm now able to manually ramp the incline up and down and it stops at settings. Ran the machine through one 30 minute program and so far it seems to be working as it should. The incline motor seems to want to exceed its stroke at each end , as it stops and hums for a second before de-energizing, but I'll keep an eye on it. at least its functioning now.
    Thank You!!!!
    Don
  • Good luck.