Proform 590T beeps every 10 seconds

Hoping for some advice... After sitting for a month, when we went to use our treadmill, it powered up fine but when an input was made (speed input, incline, or any other button selection) it would give a quick 3 or four beeps with no response from the motor. After several tries, I discovered it would emit the same beeps every 10 seconds.

Comments

• So if you install safety key and hit the Go Button will the time start to count up?
  • If I have left it plugged in, I can install the safety key and the display will light up like normal but will not accept any inputs. It beeps the 3 or 4 beeps but nothing changes. However, I have found that if I leave it unplugged for a time (like overnight) & push the Go button, that it will start up and start counting, etc. but will accept no other inputs. Just emits the beeps every time a button is pressed. After turning off & restarting like normal, the screen lights up but will only beep when buttons are pressed as before. Thank you for responding!
  • Oh, an extra note. It has been left plugged in for a very long time. NOW, I have read that this will "prematurely" wear out the electronics.
  • So... If "electronics" are the issue, Can I narrow down what the problem is exactly, or is it a shot in the dark? It seems that the motor control board is the most likely culprit from what I have gleaned from the internet, but I'm not one to throw parts at things & hope that will fix it.
  • Sounds more like the console assembly and they are $379.65 but are out of stock at this time.