9500hr stops. Only when wife runs on it

I have an old 9500hr treadmill. Couple of months ago i bought and changed the belt, and since then we have has issues with the treadmill suddenly stops, and says "system initialization" before we can continue. Weird thing is. It only stops when my wife runs on it. She usually runs 5 km at around 11km/hr. She is 65 kg and i am 90 kg. I run at any distance and pace (also longer runs at around 11 km/h). When she runs i stops 1 or 2 times each run. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Here are a few things you can look into to see why your running belt is stopping when she runs on the treadmill.

Let’s remove the hood cover on your treadmill.
    Now run the treadmill at 2.5mph with no one on it and see how it runs.
    Now go ahead and step onto the belt and see what happens.

1st Few things to look at when you’re running belt stops.
    When the running belt stops does the Drive Motor also stop?
    If yes then it could be a weak Drive Motor or bad Motor Controller.

2nd When the running belt stops does the Drive Motor continue to run and also does the drive belt continue to run?
    If the Drive motor still runs and Drive Belt does not then you will need to tighten down the Drive Belt or replace the Drive Belt.

3rd When the running belt stops and Drive Motor & Drive Belt continues to spin does the entire front roller rotate?

If the entire front roller continues to spin then you will need to adjusted running belt.
    If just the pulley on the front roller continues to spin, then you will need to replace the entire front roller.

This should help you troubleshoot exactly what is wrong with your treadmill!
  • Hi!
    Thank you for your thorough answer!
    Yesterday i ran 10km with No stops. Today she ran 5 km with 2 stops. Both times the Drive motor stoppdd completely in a few seconds. As if she had pressed the stop button. But instead of a summary it says "system initializating" . Then she can Just press quickstart again, and continue to run. All data from before the treadmill stops resets everytime.
  • Correction: She ran a couple of kilometers. It then stopped, and the Drive motor stopped as well.
  • could be a console issue
  • Just a thought: This issue starter shortly after changing the belt. I noticed the anti-static tinsel were somewhat worn. Could it be as simple as a static buildup?
  • possibly (did you lube?) - if you would like to check out our grounding strap here is a link to a few different choices

https://www.treadmilldoctor.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=grounding+strap

Once you've added items to your Cart, and you are ready to Check out and you put all your shipping info in. Use this code 1982 at checkout for a 5% discount on your order