Too Much Silicone Lube????

I was given a Nordic Track 1000x. I worked fine.. Needed cleaning an maintenance if figured. I didn't have a manual.. I assumed, according to YouTube, I was supposed to lube the belt. So I got some Treadmill Doc silicone lube. I downloaded a manual and much to my dismay I wasn't supposed to lube the belt.... The belt didn't slip before I lubed it, but it does now.....ahhhhhhh
Now what..

Comments

• This cleaner came last yesterday. I hope to try it today..... I hope I do not have to remove the belt to get it clean enough.. that looks like a pain! Thanks for your input....I will repost after I clean the belt and rollers..
  • IT DIDNT WORK... NOW WHAT?? HELP
  • May not be the belt that is slipping.
    MY RUNNING BELT STOPS WHEN I STEP ON IT
    Here are a few things you can look into to see why your running belt is stopping when you walk on treadmill.
    • Let’s remove the hood cover on your treadmill.
    • Now run the treadmill at 2.5mph with no one on it and see how it runs.
    • Now go ahead and step onto the belt and see what happens.
    1st Few things to look at when you’re running belt stops.
    A) When the running belt stops does the Drive Motor also stop?
    B) If yes then it could be a weak Drive Motor or bad Motor Controller.
    2nd When the running belt stops does the Drive Motor continue to run and also does the drive belt continue to run?
    A) If the Drive motor still runs and Drive Belt does not then you will need to tighten down the Drive Belt or replace the Drive Belt.
    3rd When the running belt stops and Drive Motor & Drive Belt continues to spin does the entire front roller rotate?
    A) If the entire front roller continues to spin then you will need to adjusted running belt.
    B) If just the pulley on the front roller continues to spin, then you will need to replace the entire front roller.
    This should help you trouble shoot exactly what is wrong with your treadmill, and remember to lube your Running Belt & Deck every 6 months.
  • Hello,

My DRIVE belt is slipping. It noticed upon inspection covered in lubricant.

I assume since it is meant to pull it sould be clean and dry? Or does it need to have lubricant on it? The motor spins but the drivebelt slips when standing on the deck.

If the lubricant needs cleaning off what is a safe cleaner to use - I assume it is the silicon oil frm the deck that has somehow got onto the drive belt.

I do not want to corrode any parts of the treadmill and make mattrs worse!

Thank you!
  • try using a dry rag and wipe it off or try simple green and a rag and clean off belt