Treadmill turns on, incline works, but belt won't move.

Hi, I got an issue with my treadmill. It turns on.. I can make the incline go up and down.. but when I press start the belt won't move. I've tested the motor with an external power supply to see if that was the issue by hooking it up to a cordless drill's battery and the belt moved.. so the motor must be fine..

Anyone know what else would be the problem please? Or what and how to test next please?

Thanks.

Comments

• Alright, when you press the start button on console does your time start to count up, if it does then you are looking at a motor controller that needs to be replace. But if the time does not start to count up then its a console issue.
  • it does count.. and tries to start... but the belt won't move.. what is a motor controller issue please? where is that located?
  • The motor controller is down by your feet under the hood cover with the motor,what model treadmill do you have.
  • ihave same problem, control board counts up, motor control board mc2100lts-30. the light on control board stays solid on. Is this a MCB issue?
  • Image 2002. Counts down, motor tries to start then motor control board clicks and motor stops. New control board does same.
  • Dugnall did you ever figure out problem? Mine is doing exactly same thing, tested motor, top console and incline work normally, bought new board and same issue. Turn on and relay clicks, belt starts for about 5 seconds and shuts off.
  • I have the exact same issue. Tested the motor and made sure there was no tension on the belt, made sure it was well lubed and it counts down but then clicks and gives me a E1 code. It’s a bremshey scout. If anyone has any idea what the problem could be it would be greatly appreciated. The computer board inside lights up yellow then clicks and goes red. Incline works until the E1 code lights up. The belt is extremely hard to move by hand (or foot)
  • Sounds like a motor controller has gone bad.
  • Anyone figure out this problem? Mine counts down, the starts and will run for a few seconds, the the relay clicks and shuts off. Based on the previous posts replacing the control board doesn’t help. Any buddy rectify this issue?
  • edited November 2020
    if the time does not start to count up then its a console issue

have you checked your wires for voltage? tested the motor?
  • Time counts up like someone is working out, motor has been tested. Belt starts then a relay clicks and the motor stops. But if I turn the speed up or down it will start again. But then it will click and stop but the console looks like a normal workout. Motor works great and spins freely. Belt is not to tight. I had gone through an entire auto calibration before and did everything it was suppose to. Could it be the speed censor?
  • A bad speed sensor will not prevent a motor from starting up and running. Still sounds like a motor controller issue or console is not sending signal down to controller.
  • But it does send the signal down to the controller and it will start and work for 10 secs, then the relay clicks and the belt stops moving. And if I change the speed the belt will start again. If you look back up in this forum people are having the same issue and replaced their lower control board and still have the same issue after. So control board doesn’t make sense cause everything seems to be talking to each other fine. Could it be a a faulty relay on the control board? There seems to be two solid red lights that are on the lower control board as well. They do not blink.
  • the relay is part of the motor controller
  • Sometimes you can just replace a relay though, no?
  • Anyone have an answer to this? Still looking to figure it out and based on the other posts don’t want to replace the MCB and have the same issues! Could it be a console issue not sending the signal down? Is this something anyone has figured out?
  • Still looking to see an answer! I purchased the MC-2100 and install was quick and easy! Followed the calibration steps and things seemed fine. My ProFom 400 does the same thing as Fortheloveofpete. Im having the same issue ?What is the Diagnosis?
  • how do you replace a relay? Was this a success?
  • hello!
    did anyone test the red wire & the black wires?
    You should have anywhere from 8vdc to 12vdc on those two wires.

• edited May 2021
    I have the same problem (no belt movement), but I want to share something weird that happened to me. I exchange the two pulse wires at the console, the left with the right and vice versa. I powered the unit and the belt started moving, but when I heard a strange noise, I freakout, and turn the power off. I tried powering again, and this time the house breaker tripped. I putted the cables back as they supposed to, and thank God the console is good, but the belt still won't move. I don't dare to try again, afraid the console may be damage. Can anyone makes sense of this?
  • you might have blown the console depending on the voltage going through at the time - we do not ever recommend this action!
  • Stand corrected. Thank you.
  • This is a crazy mystery. After two consoles changed, three controllers, and testing the motor many times, I am about to sell whatever I can, and trash whatever is left.