New treadmill keeps tripping breaker

We just had a new model Proform 2000 installed this morning . It ran for the three minutes while the installer tested it but now it just keeps tripping the room breaker whenever we start it. It is plugged in to a surge suppressor. Should we call an electrician or could this be a treadmill issue?

Comments

• Its not on a GFCI circuit or a AFCI, because if so the treadmill will not run on those type of circuits
  • I'm having this same type of issue on a Bowflex Series 3 treadmill. Why will the treadmill not run on a GFCI outlet?
    I can turn on the treadmill, use the incline, etc... but when I press start to operate the motor to turn the belt, it trips the GFCI outlet. if I manually walk on the treadmill to keep the speed sensor "tricked" into thinking the motor is working, the GFCI does not trip... but if I ask for more speed from the motor, or just stop walking, the GFCI will trip. Is this all caused from plugging it onto a GFCI outlet? seems strange to me.
  • When the any electric motor starts it sometimes will arch and that why it will trip a gfci or a afci breaker/outlet. That's the function of a GFCI or AFCI breaker to trip if it senses any type of arch/spark etc.