Horizon Quantum II incline problem

edited December 2016 in Treadmill Problems
Hello there,

I've got a Horizon Quantum II WG treadmill which was working flawlessly until I accidentally removed the safety key while declining from full elevation.

After that the incline motor was stuck at two thirds elevation and wouldn't move. It just makes a humming sound and runs hot.
I unscrewed it and manually wound it down. When I disconnect the incline motor from the board the treadmill runs fine - without incline obviously.

Reconnecting the motor just starts the humming noise again and the motor runs hot. I bought a new motor and installed it. Same problem. I started fiddling with engineering mode and somehow got it to very slowly incline to full elevation again, still making the humming sound and running hot. The incline buttons won't do anything.

Since it runs hot I don't really have time to try a lot of things, don't want it to burn. I have to turn the whole thing off every two minutes and let it cool down before trying anything else.

Any ideas what to do next? Replace the boards? I already bought that new motor for this old machine, so I don't want to spend another fortune without being sure I do the right thing.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
RO55

Comments

• Sounds like it a lower board issue, I have attach some troubleshooting guides below.
  • Damn. I already got a quote for the board. But €200,- is a bit steep... Maybe I should get another used treadmill instead...

Thanks for your help!
    RO55