Motor control board upgrade

I've had to replace the motor control board on my Icon NTL07806.2.
The original board was a mc-2100 rev.B v#37376.
The replacement board sent to me is labeled as GWC-YDPDCC-297A V6.

I understand that the transformer is now on the board, so the original transformer which is mounted to the frame should be disconnected altogether.
I understand that all other wires have corresponding connections on the new board as they were on the old board.

I don't understand if the cb1 and cb1a posts should remain bridged by a wire since it was shipped that way, or if that wire should come off in order to connect cb1 and cb1a to the wires going to the motor and power switch, as they were originally connected on the old board.
I think it should be the latter, but I don't have any experience and hope it's a simple question for someone who has the experience replacing boards. It's also confusing to find those two posts wired together and not any other, making it seem that they should stay that way. What I mean by 'wired together' or 'bridged by a wire' is that the posts are connected by a short wire terminated on each end with stake ons.

As I don't see similar discussions here, please forgive me if this is the wrong place, but I haven't found a more fitting category for my issue.

Thanks for any help.

Comments