New Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Walking Belt won't work

I put the treadmill together per instructions. Everything on the console works. It looks like the Walking Belt is moving but it does not move. What should I do?

Comments

• When you hit the start button, does the time start to count up on console? Could be a loose connection down at the Motor controller.
  • yes it does.
  • So its either a loose connection down at the mcb between motor and motor controller or a bad motor controller. You could always remove hood cover and check to make sure motor leads are plug into mcb. You also check to see if a wire harness may have gotten pinch during assembly.
  • all these things were already connected when I received it. only had to match the wires on the console. If this is the case - I will just return it. I should not have to pay for parts for a new device
  • I can't get anybody on the phone to help me either.
  • I assume your talking about Icon, that is normal.
  • This was going on with mine (weslo cadence g 5.9) that I purchased second hand. The control panel was fine, when I opened the motor the red LED light was on and solid red.
    Next strategy...checking the wires...everything plugged into the circuit board properly so I followed the wire bundle up where it clicked together with the wires from the control panel and there was my issue. Turns out when taking this apart and/or putting it back together, one of the wires (the blue one) had broken off on the control panel side. I pushed it back in and the belt ran when it tested it. However, when I tried screwing the control panel back into position the wire wouldn’t stay pushed in. Long story short it was a huge pain, but I had to remove the little red plug, open the entire back of the control panel, cut off the black tube housing the four wires that make this treadmill work (black, red,green, and blue) to give myself more length to work with, cleaned out the wire casing remnants in the red clip/plug that inserts into the main bundle of wires running to the circuit board, insert my freshly clipped wires into the red plug thing (I’m not an electrician sorry no idea what this is called), bend and shove the inserted wires into the red clips little metal v’s that cut through the wire casing and also hold them in place, and once that was secure I VERY carefully joined it with the matching red “socket” for the other end of the wires with someone’s help bc you really should have someone help you place the control panel, and then gently placed the joined clicked-into-place wire plug/socket thing into the hole that exists in the bar for this part of the treadmill while also making sure the plastic prongs of the control panel were inserted into their holes. Before screwing it back on I did another test run and finally the issue was all better!!!

Common sense warning please make sure everything is off and unplugged before messing with any of these parts!!!! And get someone to help you hold the control panel it makes a huge difference since the wires are so short (on mine at least).
  • AS long as the black wire is still attached lol

For not being an electrician you did GREAT!