Belt is runnig over set speed after replacing the contoller on a NordicTrack T5.7

I recently had the motor controller fail on my treadmill. After calling NordicTrack and describing what was happening with the led I was told that the controller was bad. I replaced the controller and started the treadmill. At a set speed of 4 MPH the belt is going approximately 6-7 mph. I went into the calibration mode and attempted to calibrate the unit. But it would not adjust. I also noticed that in this mode the display would show the desired speed but not an actual speed. I have emailed back and forth with NordicTrack and one person is telling me that my reed switch is out of adjustment. Well I have searched my unit and could not find a reed switch anywhere near the band. I then went on the chat line and now I am being told that my unit does not have a reed switch and it is my console. It seems very strange that a first it was the controller and now the console fails at the same time.
Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions.?

Thank You

Comments

• You do have a reed switch its on the left hand side right near the front roller pulley , its screw onto the frame. Make sure the gap between front roller & speed sensor/reed switch is as close as you can get it.
  • Thank you for the response.
    I went and looked n the location that you gave and there is no switch in that location. No wires nothing. I then checked a manual for another version of the T5.7 model # NTL61011.1 and it does have a reed switch. My unit is a NTL61011.4 and it does not have this.
  • To calibrate the speed you would need to adjust your max pot down on the new mcb, Make sure your unit is also running in miles not kilo.