Error Code 51???

edited March 2023 in Treadmill Problems
I just got a used Pacemaster Proselect treadmill from my sister and the first time using got error code 51. It happened when I was up and running and then tried to increase the incline. Did some searching online and came to this site that is helpful if you need to know what each error code means but it appears you need to know about the treadmill motor controller.

This error will occur if the control panel has not received an elevation signal – either no change in elevation or a slow change in elevation. This may happen because the elevation motor is not running, the elevation potentiometer has failed or the elevation motor internal gears that drive the elevation potentiometer have stripped.

Check the elevation fuse on the power supply. HUH? If the fuse is blown, replace fuse and disconnect the elevation motor wire from power supply. WHAT FUSE AND HOW DO YOU FIND IT? Power up the treadmill and touch the incline up button.
If the elevation fuse blows, the power supply is shorted and will need to be replaced.
If the elevation fuse does not blow, re-connect the elevation motor, power up the treadmill and touch the incline up button. If elevation does not raise up, check the elevation fuse, if it blew, the elevation
motor is shorted and will need to be replaced. Also, check the wire harness for shorts and/or damage.
If the elevation does not raise up and the elevation fuse did not blow, touch the incline up button and listen for a click noise from the power supply. If there is no click noise from the power supply, the
elevation relay(s) are not functioning. You can check the for AC voltage output on the power supply.
Disconnect the elevation motor from the power supply. Hook up the probes from a volt meter to the middle pin and the top pin on the jack. Have someone touch the up incline button, there should be a
Voltage reading. If there is, the problem is in the elevation motor, wiring, or a bad connection between the power supply and elevation motor.
If there is no voltage seen, the wire harness or the upper control panel circuit board is defective and will
Need to be replaced.

Is there anyone out there that can help me with this. I tried to find a site that explains the different features of the motor controller but wasn't successful. Unfortunately if the fuse doesn't blow, the directions just get too confusing and cumbersome to understand. PLEASE HELP!